It won’t be long before I start planning Finn’s party. Yes, I know it’s October and his birthday is in May. But it is such an exciting occasion and I like to plan well ahead so we can all chill out out on the day. This year I made a mixture of food that Finn and I could eat, as well as a few traditional ‘full of sugar/gluten/dairy’ treats for our guests. Next year however I am hoping to make everything sugar/gluten/dairy free (Finn friendly!) as I realise it is actually so easy to do while still tasting scrummy.
These little pink macaroons would make a lovely addition to a princess or tea party themed party…I might just have to whip some up for Maggie’s birthday in April x
2 egg whites
2 cups desiccated coconut (sulphite free)
1 – 2 Tbs rice malt syrup (optional)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
1. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Add rice malt syrup and whisk until stiff leaks form.
3. Heat frozen raspberries to defrost.
4. Stir coconut and raspberries through the egg white mixture.
5. Scoop (I used a measuring spoon to get a consistent shape) on to oven tray and cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until the edges start to go golden. You can test to see if they’re cooked by lifting one up to see if it is lightly golden on the bottom.
x Aunty Bee